Thursday 19 November 2009

Another "haccident..............oh well..........good job there is such a thing as wood glue in our house......

Hiya again folks!
Am back again to report on my latest little photo shoot...........which resulted in a little accident!  I have ALWAYS been a tad accident prone due to the "clumsy gene" I am sure I have inherited from my paternal grandmother.  My father used to moan about how clumsy poor Nan was................and I sense I have the same problem.............so if it is a "clumsy gene"..........it is then.............NOT MY FAULT is it lol?!

Well that is MY excuse and I am sticking to it!


I have to thank Dave Tayler for my lovely display unit (to the left) seen in the photo below. 


You see.................I have ALWAYS wanted a suitable display unit for my parish magazines, church guides, cards...........and well...........anything that most churches sell at the back of thier churches.  So we were all at one of the six monthly Miniatura shows at the Birmingham NEC one year and I happen upon something that fitted the bill but the trouble was.....................it had things STUCK in it!  Don't these people understand that we miniaturists need room for our OWN imagination here?!  Why can't they make a little display unit that has blank shelves for the things WE want to put in...................?  I can only suppose that many people who buy these kind of things are happy with the stuck in comics/,magazines etc...................but for me and, I am sure, for many others like me, it is just not enough.

I am sure you want to see the new notice that Adele was holding in its full glory so here, below it is "in situ"on the display unit where it is advertising the new Christmas cards for sale to the congregation  Lets hope they all love them and buy some so that more money is raised for church funds!  We had a leak in the roof last Palm Sunday if you all remember and fortunately there was just enough in the bank to pay for a swift repair .........in time for Easter Day!


Adele is now going to stack some of the new Christmas cards that have arrived back from the printer here..........and there is a space cleared for them too as you can see............

Ben has come along to help too of course as he is a very helpful young man........however.......he is a bit of a show off at times and I think he may quite like Adele ..............secretly of course..........so don't let on to her will you?

Oops...........again a stray into fantasy land............but to be honest I don't think it is a bad place to be really do you?
As to the "accident"............well as I was lifiting the little display unit off, the stand fell off as it is only held by a peg which can be pushed up to enable the unit to sit on a table as Dave meant it to as an alternative to the stand.............therefore giving me more flexibility in its use which is very thoughful of him.  However one of the four "parts of the bottom broke off........arghhhhhhhhhhhh  However all was not lost as it was easy to find.....unlike, of course, the tiny end bits of both Esme and Ernest's beaks when they broke off.  And so...........all was soon well again and the repair with the help of a little wood glue of Andrew's is not even noticeable..........................

I have not quite finished this story however........................at least one more photo to take which will have to wait til tomorrow afternoon when I am home from work.  I love working part time.........................more time for my miniatures.............VERY important...........................and in fact even......MORE important to me than my.........WORK!  However................I always have to remember..........work pays for my miniatures.....................
Till the next time.......
PS Ongoing custard and apple doughnut saga in M&S - ever since they have raised the prices the glut that was there when they were just 99p a pack of two has become a virtual famine now they have increased to £1.19 and so today...........there none there.........AGAIN.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!