Tuesday 29 December 2009

IS it coming to a Spring clean in St. Hils?

I am not sure I SHOULD be showing you the photos below as they show me up at my worst when it comes to organisation and tidyness when it comes to all things St. Hils.......but hang...............think what you will.........here they are and I am NOT proud!
I was considering having a New Year photo using our bells and bell tower.............however I opened my bell tower door and realised rather quickly that a bit more than a bit of Spring cleaning and tidying was in order.............................as you can sadly see below...............



You see during my photo shoots I need a QUICK escape route for placing my "little things" that are "in the way" of the camera....................things that are annoying me by falling over like my processional cross.

However I guess the photo above is living proof of rather more..........ie............I am just TOO lazy to put things away properly and so my upper bell tower has become a repository for.........well lets see..............Frances of Buttercup Miniatures' Christmas pudding that I used in my Christmas day home page photo............a peach (made by my sister, Catherine of Dollshouse Heaven) which I found a few months ago under the altar long after we had set up and dismantled our harvest page......... some business cards picked up at the last Miniatura Show (I hang on to them so that I can credit the suppliers of my props on St. Hils)....the altar floral arrangement which has had some flowers pulled out so is not quite respectable to put BACK on the altar yet.......................some holly and ivy used during August/September for our Advent Calendar and Christmas pages..................baby Clarissa's Afghan blanket used by Robert Alexander for his shepherd photo in the Advent Calendar..................shall I go on?  The towel, by the way, is a protection for both free range hand reared cockatiel and church............

Perhaps not.........but BEFORE I go on if you look hard at the above photo I have missed something off........or more accurately...........some ONE!  It is none other than our lady of the road, Rita.  I placed her up there because she told me she was finding it difficult to rest or have any peace at all when sitting in her usual place at the top of the stairs..............poor Rita.........she loves the children and the babies..........but sometimes it is nice to have some peace and quiet...  So it crossed my mind that she may feature in a New Year front page photo up in the bell tower.................but then again she may not............after all bells are VERY noisy when ringing in the New Year!  Oh well......we will see how she feels about that one when the time comes!

Oh dear....................I have strayed into fantasy land again.......sorry about that..............

I have to confess that I DO  have a safe repository for nearly all of St. Hils more precious "little things" and that is actually a case which has special sponge pillows inside in order to protect the more delicate items..............as below..................


Oh dear..........yes you are right - it DOES look rather untidy as I have laid it out for you all to see.................At a glance I like to keep.......Percy Spider in his case and be assured he is actually in his own special box provided for him on purchase (from Tinytails Miniatures) as is our butterfly also provided by Tinytails Miniatures.............cleaning materials including a duster, feather duster, broom etc  (cleaning never stops in St. Hils.......) Catherine's "Tudor carrot colour wheel" with sunflower in the middle....................and no......I think I will stop there as you have all got the general gist here!

I have to confess I also have a small chest of drawers too which is full of St. Hils props...............altar cloths and stoles for different liturgical seasons...............a couple of big margarine tubs filled again with so many different things.........Easter eggs and bunnies..............chicks.............stand up cross.........the list is endless here.  It is a wonder there is room for anything else in our lounge to be honest!

My collection of props just keeps growing as you can all imagine.................the latest being........"Gracie Cakes" and my board games................and speaking of "Gracie Cakes" you all may like to know that I have put the photo below on the home page together link to a downloadable card/notelet with the photo on......


I am particularly loving this new card I created today.........................."G" for "Gracie" works so well when you use "Gracie Cakes".........................hope you like it too........................amazing how creative I felt with these "Gracie Cakes"..............

I am off now..................tomorrow we visit my mother in law.  I am taking her the photos and story taken from our new page on Gracie, GP and Prince.......................she is my number one fan!
Till the next time........
PS I have a small apology to make to our visitors........some of the new downloadable cards may not have had a full border around the picture when printed out..............so I have edited and re-uploaded all affected and also have managed to reduce the byte size too for ease of download...................sorry about that folks..................I could have kicked myself when I noticed it today...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!