Saturday 2 January 2010

The children always remember their manners...........

Hiya Everyone
Back again........and NO - I promise to avoid showing you any more of my bad house keeping and untidiness! I guess you have worked out that poor Rita really could NOT stand the ringing of the bells at midnight as it rang in the New Year of 2010 and she fled downstairs!  Sensible lady as she is. 

However Esther, the Sunday School teacher, has been reminding the children that they mustn't forget to write all of their thank you cards to those who were kind enough to give them Christmas presents.....including of course............................Father Christmas! 

Whoops - got a bit carried away there...........................but anyway I have been having fun recreating my "thank you" and other general cards in 1/12 miniature so that the "children" too can have their own cards to write and send to friends and relatives................and..........Father Christmas!



You can see above the children writing their thank you cards........and see how proud Tom is that the vicar agreed for him to pose for a "thank you" card complete with a bunch of flowers as he stood at the church door.  I guess he won't let the other children forget that by the looks of it.

I am so dying to put this photo on the home page........but will wait til next week as I don't want those less frequent visitors to miss out on the current one with our now famous "Gracie Cakes".  Before I forget - I don't think I have properly explained how the "Gracie Cakes" came into being.  You see........firstly I asked my sister Catherine of Dollshouse Heaven to make me some "fairy cakes" of the kind that were in her old Brownies book of years ago when she was a small Brownie!  She so LOVED making those cakes in our younger days and I do remember how lovely they tasted too.  We never found the recipe again.  Catherine then suggested that they be called "Gracie Cakes" and again......I readily agreed it was a GREAT idea.  Then a week or so later she emailed me asking me how I wanted them decorated on the top as she suggested she put icing  on them etc.  I had already had a brain wave.............and suggested to her........as they are CALLED "Gracie Cakes"......why not put a big "G" on the top of each and every one to tell everyone. 
Catherine too thought it a brill idea and went with it...........after all......it solved her biggest problem.  She then said that they looked more like "iced buns"............so on that one I could see another great storyline.................and again you may all see that I did touch on the issue of bullying but only in a very gentle and unthreatening way because, after all, the children in our church would NEVER knowingly bully ANY of their church friends.  To them it was only a little tease and a joke...........but as we all know in the real world.....such things can really get out of hand...

I must nearly leave you all now as we always enjoy a short trip somewhere on Saturday morning..................sadly it always involves shops......wonder why?  Before I go - I have been so thrilled with visitors' comments both via our guest book and via email...thank you all for your support.  It is great to hear how often you all enjoy "popping in" to see how things are going in St. Hils..........
I am particularly grateful to be made aware of a "hale of bay" on our Harvest page....................however in my editing of it I also realised I had removed our greetings card with Adele and the seagulls so was able to amend that link too.  I often can't keep up with my own alterations etc..................  I currently use Frontpage 2000 to edit and maintain St. Hils.......................but am trying to eventually use Expression Web 3 so I am in the process of rebuilding the site from "bottom up" via Expression Web 3 - for all those out there who are into web building........  Frontpage 2000 is great - but the shared borders is a nightmare and in the process of editing our havest page the borders  (to those less technically minded - the common top and bottom of each page including photo/banner and collect at the bottom/copyright info etc)  "fell off" on upload so I had to add them in manually.....
All is well again and borders have re-attached after a bit of a play about.........such is life.................
Best go.......am on the hunt for a simple and easy book on Expression Web 3 by Microsoft......wish me luck.....
Til the next time....

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful picture as always. It looks so lifelike :0) Happy new year, Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, Sarah, was thrilled to have this comment sent to me via email by "Frances on Saltspring Island" For some strange reason she wasn't able to post it - but I love it so here it is:

    "Good Luck in your hunt for the simple and easy - may it be swiftly accomplished. Your imagination is wonderful, and must not be balked, nor even sorely tried, by borderline difficulties! Sad though I am to say farewell to the delightful hale of bay, I am massively impressed by how swiftly you get on to things to be done! Frances on Salt Spring Island"

    Thanks Frances for that - much appreciated - but have NO idea WHY it would not accept it as my settings are such that anyone is allowed to make a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous setting! I love the dolls not to mention the animals, especially the dog he IS wonderful! So real looking! I have heard about the coffin and wreath that your sister Catherine made (I have bought many fabulous things from her!) for your church. ;o)
    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle - thanks for that - yes Prince IS a really life like looking dog. Sarah Schiff is a brill dog and cat model maker. Catherine has got some of her dog and cat collection too in her gynormous dollshouse!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!