Sunday 31 January 2010

I finally manage that jigsaw puzzle photo shoot after previous distractions...

Dear All
As you may well have gathered now....I rarely stop when it comes to St. Hils!  So you all may remember how I WAS in the throws of setting up a photo shoot with this lovely 1/12 scale wooden jigsaw puuzzle made by Jacqueline Crosby (and no.....she does not appear to have a website sadly for me to direct you to which is a shame as her work is amazing) which I bought at one of the previous Miniatura Shows at the NEC in Birmingham when I was distracted by Miss Enid!  The blog, as you remember, then took a completely different turn as so very often happens with St. Hils...


You can see above the best photo taken of my little scene...............

I am not sure WHY Magnifi-Cat decided to sit IN the lid to the puzzle.......perhaps he doesn't want them to put the puzzle away once they have finished doing it.......I really have NO idea!  He is being a bit naughty too as he has not alerted Priscilla Jane to the fact that one piece has fallen on the floor.

I have not quite worked out what I will use this photo for because a puzzle is not a "game" is it so I was unable to include it on my Games Afternoon but when I had seen it at the show I still wanted it as it looked so cute.  Andrew chose the picture as it had rabbits on it.  Andrew thought that children would naturally love a puzzle with rabbits on so that was the one I chose.  I have loved including my Mallard family....ie son, daughter in law and father in Ernest, Esme and Eric.  Esme and Ernest are very thoughtful holding the photo up for Priscilla Jane as she does the puzzle so that she won't forget what the picture looks like.  Eric is well..........doing what Eric does best.........ie standing by observing quietly all that goes in St. Hils during his stay.  I am sure that GP, Sepp, Snowy and Syd are giving Priscilla Jane helpful hints too.  I hope that Magnific-Cat lets on that he is guarding that jigsaw piece soon.............

I have to confess to having thoroughly enjoyed my trip into fantasy land again in the form of St. Hils......it surely beats a day in the office.  As I tell my work colleagues.......................being completely batty and insane at home is the ultimate secret which helps to maintain my ultimate sanity..................long may it continue......................

I am hopeful of another new page soon featuring Aunt Sal's Teas..........I have been commissioning things from my sister, Catherine of Dollshouse Heaven  (DO visit her as she has some new things for sale.............she is very busy restocking her site so it is well worth a visit) so please pop back to find out more....................................
Till the next time
PS Have included a sprited out part of the above photo below for you to see the beautiful puzzle picture better..........apologies on behalf of Syd who would insist on standing in FRONT of it so you can't quite see it all..................

1 comment:

  1. Cats always sit in boxes or on a piece of paper on the floor, so I'm not a bit surprised that Magnifi-cat thought the puzzle box was meant for him!

    I love the way Pricilla Jane is kneeling and looking - she really does look engrossed in the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!