Thursday 14 January 2010

Miss Enid is missing something.....................and WHO has it?



Hiya again everyone!
As you all have probably gathered now I am ALWAYS busy doing something with St. Hils.  I HAD intended to do something with this wonderful miniature dollshouse size wooden puzzle I bought from Jacqueline Crosby's stall at the Miniatura Show held at the Birmingham NEC last March.  There I was posing my baby Clarissa and Priscilla Jane under the bell tower with said puzzle turned out and on the little wooden tray I bought a while back now.

Suddenly though I happened to look at Miss Enid as she was still posed for one of the last photos on our Patronal Festival and could immediately see her complete with bone china tea set..........after all she has such a "quaint look" as my husband, Andrew says of her, that one can see her drinking her tea out of a bone china cup complete with matching saucer, bone china teapot, milk jug and sugar bowl.
So the rest was easy......and why..........because years ago when I bought my first and only other dollshouse with a shop down below, I HAD to have the shop all set out as an old fashioned tea shop.  That inevitably left me with the matter of the tea service so where did I go?..............to Stokesay Ware of course and I homed in on the Sovereign Blue range straight away! 


You can see Miss Enid here as I have her on our Home page today...........complete with lid of said Blue Sovereign teapot..............but..................no pot!  However I am going to let you out of your misery here and tell you WHO has it........................

Ambrose of course!  You see..............Miss Enid never minds having her tea in one of the church's cups but she does also particularly enjoy a good cup of tea in a REAL bone china cup which has been poured from a REAL bone china teapot!  She says it never tastes quite the same in an ordinary mug or cup!  Ambrose offers to fill the teapot directly out of the urn which fortunately has just boiled!

I do have some real siliver cutlery from Mike Sparrow  who is an excellent miniature silversmith too so I will have to fetch a couple of teaspoons to go with the two cups and saucers set on the tray here.  I am not going to let on WHO the other cup is for....................but all will be revealed on my next new page.....................

I would love to show you a photo of my old dollshouse BEFORE it was ransacked to provide props and resources for St. Hils............because the tea shop downstairs looked really lovely with home made table cloths made by myself   (crochet cream edgings using ordinary sewing cotton around some green velvety material I found somewhere!) with a centre piece crochet doily and candlestick......oh yes......AND place mats with Mallard ducks on!   I am you sure can see that a theme was already emerging here which has taken even more shape as I have developed St. Hils!
Perhaps one day I will set it all up properly and have our "children" visit with Miss Enid as she wants to teach them some good old fashioned table manners?  However.........before that can happen we need some lights as my old dollshouse has none!  It is yet another job on my "to do" list...............sometime in the future as per usual!

Now if you will excuse me I am going to leave you for now because I have some important work to do putting my church back in order after taking those two photos...................................



As you can see...........it looks a terrible untidy mess.  I DO think though that our Miss Enid looks VERY dignified given what is going on around her.......wonder if she may give me a hand?

Till the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!