Sunday 21 February 2010

Aunt Sal's Tearooms Capers from Pebbles..NOT planned I can assure you......

Dear All
There I was having some space to myself whilst setting up and photographing some possible poses for this year's Mothering Sunday page on St. Hils' website when who should come along and disturb my peace but Pebbles, our hand reared cockatiel................................see him here below and despair.......and yes........my dollshouse IS a mess upstairs and in the atic as it continues to be a repository for a bathroom set (courtesy of Anne Shepley - a beautiful Victorian style one that has to be "plumbed in"..well not quite literally you understand but........) leather chairs, Nicola Mascall embroidered stool and more................shall I go on?
I think I can give Pebbles 10/10 for attitude.............he even has a following on Youtube and you can see a movie of him here on Aunt Sal's Tearooms here below....

Isn't he a handful.....little monkey!

Enough on Pebbles......but sufficient to show you what a character we have to contend with when he has free reign.........

You can now see the photos I managed to take BEFORE my fluffy feathered incumbrance arrived..........
My sister, Catherine, of Dollshouse Heaven, has promised me that she will make me some flowers to go in the lovely copper kettle she bought me for my birthday two weeks ago.  I guess I  couldn't wait for her to make some more so I thought it a brilliant idea if we used some of the daffodils Catherine made for me a few years back now for my very first Mothering Sunday!  Alice has just arranged them as you can see below....

Don't they look great?!  Catherine is pretty amazing in her work because EVERY flower is slightly different as in real life.  If you check them out (see my last blog where they are in dear late Ernie's rusty old watering can at the end of the blog!) you can see that each may have a slightly different shade at the centre or the petals.......some more open than others............the variety is endless.


I have also included the little single daffodils Catherine made for me for a subsequent year. Here you can see Megan admiring one of them on the display cabinet.   I have to confess that I have had to leave one out because I broke off one of the delicate fimo leaves that Catherine had so skillfully made........grrrrrrrrrrrrr


Miss Enid is entertaining young Phoebe in Aunt Sal's Tearooms as you can see above...........don't those sandwiches and cakes look SO tempting........  I think that poor Pheobe looks a little overcome by the experience don't you?  However I can let you into a secret here..............she accidentally left her dolly in church and is pining for her......................because she NEVER goes anywhere without her............lets hope one of the other children bring her doll over for her soon..................

You will all be pleased to know that not ONE silver teaspoon has gone missing either...........how clever am I?

I must leave you with an overall photo of the whole tearoom........................................as above......doesn't it look grand?!  Yes I KNOW it is quite a shame about the "upstairs" bit and yes...I have had some family nagging there with regards to having the bathroom plumbed in as soon as possible  because the teashop customers will be caught short otherwise......................and they can't even nip over to the church because poor Rev Ponsenby-Smyth has yet to obtain a faculty to build some for his poor parishoners either..................things to do.......................
Till the next time.......

1 comment:

  1. -I'm sorry I can't respond to your posts by adding a Comment. q111477777 - tbyhayt w=-a[s m[=]----- oops, that was a comment added by my cat, Barnaby.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!