Thursday 25 February 2010

Mothering Sunday photo shoot part two.........

Hiya Everyone!
Hooray - nearly the weekend again and I rejoice because today, being a Thursday, is my "half day" so I finish at lunch time, have a little food shop in Marks and Spencers and then home on the bus to have time in the afternoon to relax and indulge my love of St. Hils and all things miniature!  Our minds were on "Mothers Day" at work and the matter of buying cards to mark the occasion so it was only natural that I should ponder on St. Hils and its' own Mothering Sunday celebrations.  I promise I am planning to provide some downloadable greetings card to celebrate Mothering Sunday/Mothers' Day so do keep coming back!

You will be glad to know that this latest photo shoot has been Pebbles-free!  However my husband, Andrew, has been much less fortunate because Pebbles chose to join him instead as he was cleaning the kitchen sink and work surfaces......much as we tried to dissuade him Pebbles was NOT for turning!

I can thank Frances of Buttercup Miniatures for the idea of having Rita in Aunt Sal's Tearooms as you can see her above.  I initially thought it would be nice if the vicar gave her some daffodils that had been brought over from the church after the main Sunday morning service on Mothering Sunday. 
Note that the vicar has brought Bardsley over with him.  His cousin, Bishop Cuthbert, is away so the vicar has taken charge of Bardsley for the time being.  Bardsley certainly didn't want to miss out today!
However as you can see in this next picture Rita now has some daffodils in her hat.  I decided to use all of Frances' idea and have one of the children give her the daffodils as they felt for her knowing her son was estranged from her and was still living in Australia. Alice is amused to see that Rita has put them in her hat.  (another of Frances' ideas - thanks Frances!) I am not sure that Archie, the proprietor of the tearooms, will be very pleased to see Bardsley on Homer's seat.  WHERE has Homer gone I wonder?  Perhaps Bardsley thinks he is keeping his seat warm for him until he returns.........
Oh dear - yet another stray into fantasy land.  That is how things take me when it reaches Thursday and I know my working week is almost done..............................

You can see the daffodils in Rita's hat more clearly above.....

I guess my photoshoot for my new Mothering Sunday page is a bit topsy turvy.  You see the story will begin IN the church and then move into the tearooms at lunch time/after lunch time but my photoshoots have began the other way round ie IN the tearooms first......  Perhaps both Rita AND Homer like to frequent the tearooms after church who knows?  And is Archie the kind of person who understands how hard life is for them and spares them the odd sandwich and cake when times are particularly hard and the weather particularly cold as it has been recently in the UK?
Whoops - sorry about that......................my mind does tend to wonder as I imagine how hard it must be for real people who live like our two characters, Rita and Homer, when the weather is particularly cold and bitter. However we know that Homer and Rita are very well cared for in St. Hils.......................

I must move on and work out what my next scene/pose should be so I must leave you all now...................
Till the next time
PS ALL of these photos are taken with a flash on a macro setting AND hand held.........needs must when you have obstacles like clothes horses, oil filled radiator and ironing board, iron etc close at hand.............

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just have to say how wonderful your blog is, this is truly something I have never seen much of and its just such fun to read and look at!
    Mini Hugs
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime - many thanks for that. Glad you are enjoying my blogs. I certainly have fun writing them even though I find myself wandering off piste at times!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!