Tuesday 10 November 2009

The mysteries of search engines.......but AM I complaining?!

Hiya again folks!
I just fancied sharing with you some funny things about search engines and St. Hils.  I can seriously admit I NEVER deliberately consider improving the ratings for St. Hils when it comes to search engine listings......but I have never seen the need!  I think you will have to agree that the search engines have their own way of listing all of our work.....when it comes to different searches I am very often amused when I find that St. Hils has hit page one again when perhaps, just perhaps, it may have been best for the one searching if it hadn't!

As many of you who run your own websites may identify with..............there is always a sad enjoyment when it comes to checking out your stats..........HOW people find your site........but most importantly.......IF they have used a search engine.......WHAT did they wish for?
I have to share with you the funniest result ever............some poor soul wished for this one......."HOW do you become a vicar?"  Well guess what came up at the top of the search results.................OUR vicar's letter to our visitors!  See for yourself by visiting this link how disappointed the poor person must have been when, for their troubles.....they pulled up this, our letter from the Reverend Gyles Ponsenby-Smyth................

I can only just imagine the shock on the poor person's face when they were faced with this letter plus a photo of our dear vicar meeting ME in the Kaiserstuhl Conservation Park in South Australia:-)
However that being said.........I will never know how many fans may have found St. Hils by complete accident.....................and in this case, I would like to think that the searcher didn't feel completely disappointed with their "find"!

It is frustating to say that I can't think of any more funnies to share with you at the moment..................but when they come to mind be assured......I WILL share them here!
Til the next time!

PS WHY didn't Marks and Spencers stock their lovely apple and custard doughnuts when I visited them in my lunch break today?....................and to add to my worry it was also rather ominous that they had something billed as "new" - does that mean my fav custard and apple doughnuts have been discontinued?........NOT FAIR!  Little luxuries with cups of tea make THE difference after a hard day at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!