Wednesday 4 November 2009

What has a sun hat got to do with St. Hils?... and it involves......well feathers actually!

Hiya again folks!
I have to confess I continue to cough and croak for England..........friends and family now beg me to see the doctor because this has been continuing for over a week now..... but I HATE seeing the doctor cos I always feel MORE sick after my visit than before so lets not go there.................................and major, instead, on my most absorbing interest and hobby............St. Hils!

I am STILL having fun with the new and various games I have purchased for my "children" so that they can welcome our new girl, Gracie, to the church formally when she comes to the games afternoon the vicar organises to help her settle in.

I have imagined that Grace would be the kind of girl who likes to play games on her own.......you see she is an only child and has enjoyed providing her own entertainment when her mother has been busy at home or at work........NOT that she has been missing out of course because she knows her mother loves her very much and provides her with more than enough attention when she needs or wants it.

So I have had "fun" tonight.......well not quite "fun" really because I didn't realise how fiddly a 1/12 scale pack of cards would be to arrange for a game of clock patience/solitaire.  Firstly of course I had to provide myself with my "Avian protection kit" in the form of my sun hat.......................................see me pose here with said sun hat complete with little Grace sitting in my hand so that you can see how tiny she really is next to me and consequently how hard she is for me to pose given she has 14 joints!

I have to tell you that I had "fun" taking the picture too given the fact that the only person who could have taken this photo for me was out (ie Andrew out on his piano teaching rounds......) so I was using the face detection//timer facility on my new Canon Ixus 980 camera!  I took the first photos without my glasses.......urgh..................all my laughter lines and wrinkles were shown in stark relief..........NOT good!
So you can see here with glasses = acceptable photo of me with Grace and St. Hils.  Sadly the upper part of the bell tower with the bells provides a TOO perfect repository for little props when not in use if I can't be bothered to put them away properly.....such is life.

If you are wondering WHY I should require an "Avian Protection Kit" look no further...........the culprit is seen here posing on his most favourite "out post" as explained in my previous post!



So here is our little avian monster, Pebbles, looking on curiously as if he really wants to see what is going on in the church this evening.  The towels are sadly essential but lets not dwell on that one here.  You can just about see the pose I had set up under the bell tower with Grace playing clock patience on the floor.  I confess those cards are SO fiddlly.  You would think that it would be easy to have 12 stacks of just four cards apiece looking all neat and tidy........NOT so ...ESPECIALLY when you have a nagging desire to cough and you finally succumb as I did at least once and destroyed two stacks of cards in its wake! 
Check out the final photograph that I chose out of the myriads of ones taken here below............noting that Prince and Eric have slipped in again. 


I think they both enjoy playing games too.........and note that GP, Grace's guinea pig, has decided he was bored sitting on the altar with Esme and Ernest and decided that he wanted to see what Grace was doing!  Sepp the rat continues to keep watch on all goings on in the bell tower whilst perched on one of the bell tower steps which provides a perfect look out for her.

I can share with you an idea I have.........it may come to fruition.......it may not..........I have asked my sister Catherine of Dollshouse Heaven to make me some "fairy cakes".  You see my idea is..................when Grace comes to the games afternoon she brings some of her very own home made cakes in order to share with the other children by way of an ice breaker.  I also like the idea of her bringing them loose in a tin as in "real life".

Oh dear - my throat is still not good.......................time for more medication to soothe it me thinks.  I have to confess our kitchen has become our very own pharmacy with all my cough remedies and medications.  Of course friends and even neighbours have added to it when they hear me and take pity...........so I have been showered with sherbert lemons, cough sweets and more........................................

Till the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!