Saturday 28 November 2009

Spot the deliberate mistake......................just goes to show how you forget......

Hiya again everyone!
Just a quick short blog today because I have just realised that I have made another "faux pas"! You see as you may all remember, I created our Advent Calendar 2009 back in August this year.  So imagine my surprise when I decided to let all our visitors have a sneak preview of Day 1 because it IS Advent Sunday on 29th November and therefore officially Adventide!

Check it out Day 1 for yourself and see if you can see a discrepanacy here............the clue being.........the altar cloth colour!  I get SO cross with myself when I find out my forward planning or memory lets me down.....and let me down it HAS!  However am I going to change it..................nahhhhhh  I refer you all back to my earlier comments about eccliastical embroidery..........ie...................tradition has it that there is always ONE mistake ........because only God is perfect.  So.......I rest my case!

So please excuse the fact that we have used the more traditional PURPLE on our Advent Calendar Day 1 page whilst changing it to BLUE on our home page in order to celebrate the arrival of Advent in St. Hils.  Anyway.......................... they are BOTH  "colours of Christmas" and equally valid..............

On another front Andrew has a "little confession" to me yesterday morning before he went to work.  He had a little "accident" and knocked one of my little dollshouse chairs on to the floor.  It was standing on the little cabinet next to where I sit in our lounge and he brushed past it when he was busy renewing the bird bath outside.  The chair lost one of the bars between two of the legs so Andrew used our good and trusty wood glue.  He showed me the result................and to be honest he could have got away with that one if he had not told as I would NEVER have realised......................but also..............I was the daft one leaving it outside the church and "vulnerable" to such accidents.......................................

Till the next time
PS Andrew saw a little robin going to the smaller of our two hanging feeders............an interesting observation as we always considered a robin to be a ground feeder...........but perhaps THIS robin has never read the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!