Friday 30 October 2009

St. Hils may be a miniature dollshouse church but to Pebbles it is............

Hiya Everyone
It is true........St. Hils  really IS a 1/12 scale miniature church..............well to me, and you and, of course to many others too.  However to our Pebbles it is something FAR more important and that is..........................................an outpost for sentry duty!
You see, Pebbles succeeds our late hen cockatiel, Cheeky, whom we also nick named our "winged sentry" on account of her habit of using our church as a sentry outpost to keep guard on the garden.............keeping unwelcome guests away.
Of course to Pebbles as to our dear late Cheeky, "unwelcome" unfortunately for us, means something completely different.
There we are............putting wild bird food out to encourage the local song bird population to come IN to the garden as our WELCOME guests......whilst we have our Pebbles on the scene who's main aim in life would appear to be........keeping OUT the local song bird population! 
You may be asking HOW effective our Pebbles is in his "winged sentry" duties.  Well fortunately for us......not very well at all.  He may think he is big and frightening..............but when the crunch comes and a really BIG bird comes flying over the house...............he cowers on the room side of the sloping church roof so that he can't see the said bird...................  We find him completely hysterical of course.................and when he is REALLY frightened of any of the birds he sees he does a double loop around both the living area and kitchen to show off his displeasure with his "unwelcome" guests.

We, Andrew and I, have taken "winged sentry" from an anthem called "My Soul there is a Country" (the composer of which temporarily escapes us both but Andrew thinks it may be Parry).

With no further ado here you can see our Pebbles "in position" as he "keeps guard" over the garden for us....


I think this gives you a good idea of scale too................  I am not sure if there ARE any other people who find that their dollshouse has accidentally doubled up as something completely different......................but please let me know if there are any strange "other" uses for your dollshouses.........I will be MOST interested.........

On a slightly different tack we visited Andrew's parents yesterday.  Andrew's mother is an avid miniaturist just like myself and also has a wonderful dollshouse she takes great pride in.  In fact his father has even made an extension to her dollshouse many years ago now and it really looks great.  At Christmas she even has Father Christmas on the roof............just about to descend down the chimney.............................

This leads me on to my next "idea" for St. Hils.  I am fully aware that printing off almost any internet browser is not very easy.....................you can be sure that, however you try, the printer will NOT print the right things on the right page.............or the page is too wide and the printer only prints half a photo on one page and half on another.  I do know that Internet Explorer has improved with later editions in being able to shrink to fit the page when printing.........but the print may be TOO small as a consequence for some to read.
So I have, over the last few years, been keeping a parallel "book" going in which I include all my latest stories in printable form.  I have, in the last few weeks, finished a version of my book which I am hoping to provide to you all as a set of freely downloadable pdf files.............in bite size chunks so that you can collect the whole book over a period of time.  I was able to give Andrew's mother a copy of this book yesterday and she was, of course, thrilled to receive it.
I am letting you all preview the first part as a taster............................................St. Hilary's Miniature Church Year Book 2009 Part 1


However as with all projects...................................you realise "too late" you have got something wrong or around your neck.  Imagine my horror yesterday when, at Andrew's mother's home, I realised that I had included the "wrong" photo in my Miniatura Show visit story.................................................and then today when reviewing my book again........found spelling errors................arghhhhhhhhhhhhh  So today has been a busy time making sure there are no more............
However it just proves a point..............my St. Hils project will NEVER be finished.....................................but does it ever have to be?
Till the next time.............

PS - Please see my new photo on my Home page....... pasted below............................Miss Enid and Phoebe enjoy a game of dominoes....................................and even Eric has come to visit his son and wife and can't resist trying to help Miss Enid out too.......AND you can download it as a greetings card too......again on my Downloads page.............enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!