Sunday 4 October 2009

Miniatura Madness Part 2!

Hiya Everyone
I am back to report to you all on my second day at the Miniatura Dollshouse Show.  Did I add to St. Hil's collection of props and congregation you ask?  Well the answer to that question is a big YES! 

A certain duck had taken my fancy yesterday...............so poor Andrew had to cope with me insisting we went down EVERY aisle methodically after we couldn't find the right stall...........so of course WHEN we found the offending stall the least I could do was buy the said duck!

And so Eric is born...........he is a proud Mallard drake with attitude and he is made by the talented Aidan Campbell.  I did feel a little concerned for his lady friend as I had decided not to buy her too but Aidan's wife/partner assured us that she would be fine on her own........phew!  No doubt Aidan will find her a new mate soon enough............

So we here present Eric in all of his glory as he meets up with his son, Ernest and his wife Esme..........in the church sanctuary next to the altar where both Ernest and Esme were having a quiet time away from the noise and activity of the nearby village pond......................those ducklings and geese can be SO noisy at times!

Eric has come on a short visit to see his family...........but who knows........he may decide to make Daffodil Green village pond his new home!

Sorry about that folks........yet another trip into fantasy land.........................................

I mustn't forget to tell you that I also bought a couple of other items............some dominoes in an old fashioned little box which will create a great storyline as they will easily be presented as a family heirloom along the way................and then a tambourine for our new girl on the block, Gracie!  We can see even before she officially arrives that she will certainly add to the life of St. Hils in a great way............because she just loves to bring her tambourine along to church when she has a fancy and accompany the hymns and songs with it as she herself sings.......

Well - work for me tomorrow and I can tell you all now...........it will be back to earth with a bump for me BIG TIME - will I cope after an amazing Miniatura dominated weekend........?!

Til the next time folks................................oh and before I forget - do visit our new page and see how our "children" enjoyed their visit to the Miniatura Dollshouse Show ...........and find out why Esther was so cross with the children.........

2 comments:

  1. Eric looks like he is taking charge already. Lucky you for being able to devote the whole w/e to Miniatura.

    I hope you get more followers to this blog soon, as it is very entertaining, and it will be good to read other miniaturists comments about happenings at St Hils.

    Best wishes
    DollMum

    ReplyDelete
  2. DollMum - thanks for your comments - much appreciated - yes the weekend has been really brill - next month it will back to saving again!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!