Wednesday 7 October 2009

Gracie stands for the first time..........................

Hiya Folks
It has been quite a week so far.......what with the excitement of the Miniatura Show at the weekend.  Sadly my credit card got another bashing today in Marks and Spencers - they are SO clever aren't they?  I had already bought my favourite apple slices from the bakery section (doesn't that lovely smell of "just baked" entice you - such a clever trick - but we love it!) and was intent on dropping in to another shop on the way back to the office. 
Trouble was.......I got well and truly caught when I saw the "just in" arrivals not far in from the exit/entrance........and suddenly I found myself standing in a long queue (just what you want at lunch time) whilst clutching a pair of lovely soft grey cotton leggings and a beautiful purple sculptured top.  I always enjoy a banter at the till - and yes - they ALWAYS offer you a Marks and Spencers credit card so I ALWAYS decline but joke with them that I am trying to get RID of them at the moment..................................and the lady serving me worries that she is too old to wear leggings so I assure her nobody is EVER too old..................

Sorry about that - but I have to tell you that, after the hassles of my day, what with temporarily "losing" Pebbles, our cockatiel, (on account of him spooking because of our new chordless phone ring tone - giving me a temporary heart attack!),  and my broadband connection (I will spare you the details), I rather fancied seeing if I could get Gracie to stand up.
It IS quite tricky cos of her 14 joints.  Jane showed me the trick on Saturday when she handed her over to me.  It IS very tricky......as soon as you have ONE leg straight you start to work on the other...................and bingo the other leg springs back into a "sitting" position and you have to start again.  However...................I DID succeed and here is the result..................hope you all like it - I do!  Prince's eyes are spectacular too.........the detail is amazing..

Doesn't she look superb?  Shame she is not officially living in Daffodil Green yet isn't it?  But as I said - we don't want her to feel too jealous cos she is not included in this year's Advent Calendar nor Christmas page.  Make sure you click on this picture so that you can see the detail better............................
I HAD to add Eric our new duck on the block................just love him too!

I have an idea for All Souls Day.........................and you are welcome to comment ...............I am going to have it as they do in many churches throughout the land............and so St. Hilary's will remember all who have passed away in the last year and our congregation will submit names of those they want to be remembered too.
November is a very poignant month for me as my mother, Hilary Davies, passed away on the 26th so it seems fitting that All Souls Day is commemorated in November.
We, Andrew and I, will NEVER forget the amazing Autumn/Fall we had in that year of 2003.  My mother left us at the right time....................with all of those beautiful Autumn colours of red and orange.............and the mountains of orange and red berries on the trees and bushes too.  I felt it "right" and significant..............and in that way we knew that it WAS in God's own time..........................

Sorry to end on a sombre note..........but really it isn't................because my mother is well now.................
Till the next time.................

2 comments:

  1. Gracie is lovely, and so nice to be able to put her in different positions, makes her look natural. The animals obviously appreciate the tamborine, so it looks like she will get a good welcome after Christmas when she 'officially' arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DollMum - Glad you like Gracie and her tambourine...... I wonder if she may become a kind of pied piper to the local wildlife?!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!