Saturday 3 October 2009

Miniatura Madness.........................need I say more?

Hiya Folks!
As promised a "report back" after a day at the Miniatura Show at the Birmingham NEC.  I had a brilliant time.  I have a confession........I have added to our congregation........both human and pets!
My new "girl on the block" is Grace.............or "Gracie" as her new friends like to call her despite her protestations that she is "GRACE"!! 

I do not intend to showcase Gracie yet..................her family have not properly moved into Daffodil Green and they don't want to disrupt her education by taking her out of her present school at the moment preferring her to start afresh in January next year!  However you can have a preview of her as she makes a short visit to the village, her new school and St. Hils, which will become her local church! 

See her here as Adele comes to welcome her when she finds her under the bell tower complete with her pet guinea pig, GP!  She brought GP with her because he goes almost everywhere with her.......although NOT to school of course!  (left click to enlarge - I uploaded a 0.2meg photo so you will see her so much better if you do!)


Esme and Ernest have come along to greet her too..............................

You will all have to wait til after Christmas to meet our Gracie properly...........and I will also let you into a secret here.  I have already completed the page for Christmas and we feel Gracie would be very upset that she is not included if she had moved in earlier!

Now my third new member of the congregation is actually an ex-guide dog called Prince (courtesy of Pocket People - Sarah Schiff) Prince is a yellow labrador who was chosen to train as a guide dog.  Sadly he failed because he just ate everything in sight so he had to be found a new home poor chap.  Good thing that Rev Ken and his family take him in!  I have based this story on fact........a lady in our home group takes in rejected guide dogs and one of her last ones was rejected for this very reason.........this labrador would eat literally ANYTHING to the point that the family had quite a time keeping up with her antics as she raided fridges and anywhere which had.......well ....food actually.  And of course she would also eat other non-food items too.......a veritable nightmare she was.......but so well loved despite this rather mega fault!

Oops ..........apologies here because I strayed into my St. Hils world of fantasy here...............................a story is always being found!
Anyway - before I stray futher into fantasy...............here is Prince together with Grace who, by the way before I forget to tell you all,  is a 14 jointed doll by Jane Davies.

Gracie is the first 14 jointed doll I have bought from Jane and she is just wonderful.  She is also able to stand as well as sit which means we can use her for various poses which the other dolls are not so good at.  I just LOVE everything about her.  Jane told me today that the material for her dress is antique and she will be so sad when she finally finishes it all up.  If you are all wondering WHY we have called her pet guinea pig GP.........I can tell you that he (yes - her guinea pig is a boy we have decided!)  is named after the guinea pig of a work friend and before you ask........................it stands for ....Guinea Pig - original right?!

I also broached the subject of "Archie" as our new verger/church cleaner whilst at the show and it looks as if Archie may happen which is great........................but I can say no more ............yet.........
I can also tell you that I DID pick up a cut out kit (free courtesy of Dee Daw Designs on presentation of a voucher) for a trip to the Miniatura Show for our"children".......it includes a catalogue, tickets, sandwich pack, Miniatura bag and a cup of coffee!  I plan to take a couple of photos tomorrow (yep - back for a repeat visit tomorrow....CAN my bank account cope after today's extravaganzas?!) so that we can sprite our dolls out and make it look as if they really came along with us this weekend..................no promises it will work mind.............so watch this space.......

I did buy a few other things too...........but they can wait for inclusion in a later blog...........................
Til the next time..........

1 comment:

  1. Ooohh it sounds like you had a ball at Miniatura - I wish I could go, but MY bank account and time this weekend won't allow. Your new Gracie doll looks lovely - a real treat for St Hils.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!