Wednesday 14 October 2009

My lovely new Christmas tree to show off today.

Hiya again folks!
I am back again to show off my new Christmas tree which I bought at the Miniatura show with the help of my sister, Catherine, and husband, Andrew.  I will have to save it till next Christmas though because, as I have told you all before, this year's is already set up and done and dusted.......ready to upload when the time is right!

I have to thank my sister, Catherine Davies, of http://www.dollshouseheaven.co.uk/, for sending me the adaptor and also adding a little extension lead too so I can plug my tree in to light it up.   You see......Vic Newey who put St. Hils together and extended it for me has already wired it all so we have no actual sockets in the church to plug my new tree in.  Thankfully Catherine posted me this little adaptor gadget so I CAN see my tree all lit up under our bell tower!
And here it is......

The original uploaded is a decent size so please feel free to left click it to see it all in greater detail!  I sadly couldn't resist including our Grace again....................................even though I had to re-set her standing up when her joints pinged back again in her legs and hips.........arghhhhhhhhhhhh.  Eric too had to come in on the act and he, as you can see, is having a little chat to Prince whilst Megan is also admiring the new tree.

I have kept Frances', of http://www.buttercupminiatures.co.uk/, crochet angel..............so instead of having an "either star OR angel" we have BOTH!  Well why not?............................the wise men were led by a star............but the shepherds were guided by angels to find the baby Jesus so it is most fitting for our tree to sport both for biblical accuracy.........!  Poor Grace..........she is trying SO hard to reach that star and angel................but something tells me she is just NOT quite tall enough is she?  I think Magnifi-Cat has just come to see what all the fuss is about.................although we hope he doesn't spot Sepp the rat who is also sheltering for safety from Magnifi-Cat by sitting very close to Prince!

I have done it again........strayed into fantasy land.................but I really can't apologise for that I am afraid.  ....  EVEN after having a couple of my work colleagues declare me "completely mad" after reading one of my latest blogs I can unashamedly tell you all that my being "completely mad" is THE only tool that keeps me "completely sane".......................SO THERE!
As I often tell my friends and family and work colleagues....................there are many bad addictions in the world..........but thankfully an obsesssion with fantasy and miniatures is NOT one of them!

I am sure I will find more St Hils musings to share with you all soon........................so...........until then..................

PS - just to say.....I have just this minute (4.40pm BST Thurs 15/10/09) uploaded the above photo as a downloadable Christmas card on our Downloads page.......so DO go and check it out - it is a pdf file for ease of printing and viewing etc...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!