Wednesday 30 September 2009

And more games to play in St. Hils........

Hiya again everyone!
You will be pleased to know I am now much better thank goodness! 
Our broadband is still a problem for some reason but software would appear to be at fault - namely on the router as it cuts the wireless off at least once a day necessitating a wired connection using a laptop in order to refresh the settings and bingo - we are fine again................I will have to find something more permanent which hopefully will sort it out once and for all as it only affects Vista whilst the two XP machines are unaffected.

Enough of my broadband whinges..........
I am back on my games theme for St. Hils!  I really fancied having a miniature 1/12 scale snakes and ladders game for the children to play - for those for whom chess was a bit too challenging! 

And so I did a search on Ebay and presto.......................I found THE perfect solution. Miniatures.inc  (this takes you to the current listing as they have more than one set to sell) on Ebay had the most beautiful 1/12 scale snakes and ladder game complete with dice and counters too.  They also give you a spare set of counters which is really generous of them.  All that for £1.99 and free postage and packing - perfectionate!  Yes, you heard right - I KNOW it is not a proper word but but Andrew and I love it as it says just what we want.  We first heard it used on Big Brother by a house mate a few years ago and thought it was so good it SHOULD be a word! (we sadly love Big Brother folks!)
I set the "children" up playing and took two shots for good measure........


Emily and Phoebe are enjoying a game whilst Adele has popped along to see how they are doing................see a close up of our new game ......................


The counters look really good but boy...............I had my heart in my mouth positioning them on the board as they are so thin and tiny.  Strangely the shiny look on the counters doesn't come across here on the photo at all.

Our resident ducks, Esme and Ernest, enjoy coming in on the act.....................I am wondering if they should join in and make it a foursome if Adele is not ultimately interested.  However - CAN ducks play snakes and ladders? 



Adele is now giving Emily a few ideas just as Phoebe is about to throw the dice.................................I hope she isn't encouraging Phoebe to cheat as Adele is quite mischievous at times.....

Whoops - sorry about that - just wandered off into fantasy land for a moment!  So my games theme is gathering momentum as you can see. I have a real 1/12 scale wooden puzzle too which I am going to feature for my games day too..................................................all good fun!

I am so looking forward to the Miniatura Show at the NEC this coming weekend.....................can hardly wait..................................................and if I don't write again before.........I will report afterwards and let you all know what purchases I have succumbed to.........................................
Til the next time



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your broadband etc troubles - I know the feeling (though currently all is well, crossing fingers!). Enjoy miniatura, I can't attend unfortunately as have a weekend filled with other stuff, hope it is a good one. I'm sure you'll come back with some lovely goodies for St Hils. We attended a year ago, and there was a lovely Church dollshouse near the entrance.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your genuine comments about my blog........any ideas for new greetings cards.........storylines......you name it I am glad to hear it!